Logo  
About Us The Mirzapur Club was established in the year 1888 and has been functioning ever since in the premises it is in today. As in the past, the majority of the present members of the Club are carpet exporters. Presently the Club has 37 Resident (local) Members and 73 Non-Resident (out station) members who are mainly foreigners connected with the Carpet business. The local members belong to the districts of Mirzapur and Bhadohi, the carpet belt which earns valuable foreign exchange and provides employment to more than a million people. The Club is the only place in
this area where members can entertain their foreign guests and business associates.

The rules of the Club provided that the District Magistrate of Mirzapur would be invited to be the Ex-Officio President of the Club and almost all District Magistrates of Mirzapur in the past became regular members of the Club and accepted the position of President of the Club.

The Club is situated on two adjacent plots of land one of which originally belonged to Ex-Zamindar, late Shri Farzand Ali, and the other belonged to late Shri Laxmi Narain who had given their property to the Mirzapur Club. Ever since 1888 the Club has been in continuous and uninterrupted possession of this property and is thus the owner of the property.

The Club has been paying land revenue and is also recorded as the owner of this property in the records of the Mirzapur Nagar Palika and has been paying all municipal taxes. The Club has electricity, water and telephone connections in its own name and has been paying the bills. Minute Books, recording the proceedings of the meetings of the Managing Committee of the Club since 1948, are available with the Club.

 
Events Activities Club Circular Contact us
Events Activities Club Circular Contact us
Home | About us | Members | Activities| Affiliations | Gallery | Events |Management | Club Circular | Contact us | Sitemap
Copyright © 2012. Mirzapur Club All Rights Reserved.